Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wonder

     I've decided not to read the Divergent series a fourth time, as much as I want to (shocker, right?).  Instead, I've decided that I'm going to read the book Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  At the end of last trimester, we shared our favorite books that we had read so other people could find books that they might enjoy.  This book was shared with our class, and I thought it would be a really interesting book to read. 

     Wonder is about a boy, August Pullman, who was born with a facial deformity. He's been sheltered his entire life, up until the beginning of the book.  August is a good kid, he's just never been able to fit in.  Will he be able to make friends?  Will the people around him accept him for who he is, despite his face?  I'm excited to find out.

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting I think I might read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soundes like a great book. might read it.

    ReplyDelete