Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Book Thief- Update

Since my last post, I have read some more in The Book Thief.  It is a really good book so far.  I am a little under halfway done with the book, and can't wait to read the rest.  Liesel has just gone to pick up the washings from the mayor's house, where he lives with his wife.  In a previous chapter, Liesel stole a book from a burning of all the books.  The mayor's wife saw what she was doing, but didn't say anything.  Then, one day when Liesel was picking up the washing alone, she was invited inside.  There, she looked at a huge room with lots of book cases filled with books.  The mayor's wife wasn't going to say anything to anyone about her stealing the book, which is a relief.  I can't wait to read more about Liesel's future visits to the mayor's house and to see if she lets her keep any of the books.

2 comments:

  1. Is the book good enough that you would recommend it to others? I've seen people read novels, but say it's not good enough to recommend it to somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so I'm guessing that this girl lives in a place where they are really restrictive on ideas and writing?

    ReplyDelete